Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbsp. cold water
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 bell peppers, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions1. Combine ingredients through bell peppers in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high on 4 hours. 1. Serve over cooked brown rice.
For gluten free: Use tamari in place of soy sauce.
Calories 350, Total Fat 4g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 28g), Protein 19g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 80%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 6 servingsGluten Free Kid-friendly Main Dish Dairy Free Sodium Smart 10 Dollar Meal 20 Minute Meal Asian Slow Cooker