Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 3 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 limes, juiced and divided
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 (10 oz.) bags frozen roasted corn, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced (about ⅓ cup)
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Optional toppings: See Chef's Tips
Directions1. In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, ¾ of the lime juice and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 1. Place diced avocado in a large bowl and drizzle with remaining lime juice. Add corn, olive oil, jalapeno, cilantro, onion and Cotija cheese. Stir to mix. 1. Garnish with additional toppings, if desired. Serve chilled.
Top with additional crumbled Cotija cheese and cilantro.
Calories 160, Total Fat 9g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5gm, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 8 servingsVegetarian Summer Side Dish Hispanic Gluten Free Game Day Appetizer