Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Cooking spray
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped and sautéed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and sautéed
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, fully baked, flesh scooped out
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ cups 1% milk
- 8 oz. shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, for topping
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh chives, for topping
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled, for topping
Directions1. Place onion, garlic, baked potato flesh and broth in a slow cooker coated with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. 1. Mash mixture with a potato masher and stir in milk and 6 oz. cheese. Cover and cook on high for 20 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. 1. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with Greek yogurt and remaining cheese. Sprinkle with bacon and chives.
Use Yukon potatoes in place of Russet potatoes. Use green onions in place of chives.
Calories 250, Total Fat 6g (Saturated 3.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 15g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 8 servingsGluten Free Kid-friendly Main Dish Sodium Smart 10 Dollar Meal Winter Game Day Soup Fall Slow Cooker