Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- ½ lb. carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- ½ lb. parsnips, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Dash of coarse kosher salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Optional toppings: see Chef's Tips
Directions1. To make the dressing, whisk vinegar and mustard in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in garlic, thyme and basil. Cover and chill. 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place chopped veggies on large baking sheet. Add the dressing and season with salt and pepper 1. toss to coat. Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly brown around edges, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Top with honey, Parmesan cheese, walnuts and parsley.
Calories 210, Total Fat 14g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 6g), Protein 2g, Vitamin A 260%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 8 servingsGluten Free Kid-friendly Dairy Free Sodium Smart Vegetarian Winter European Fall Vegan Spring Side Dish Baking Thanksgiving Christmas Easter