Vietnamese Shrimp Summer Rolls are filled with succulent shrimp, rice noodles and crisp veggies. Rolling these may take a bit of practice, but it's sure worth it! So, grab the family and make this a fun group activity.
Shrimp Summer Rolls
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- Crushed peanuts and red pepper flakes, optional
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- ½ English cucumber, julienned
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- ⅓ cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 oz. cooked rice vermicelli or rice stick noodles
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, mint or basil
- 5 large lettuce leaves, torn in half
- 20 medium cooked shrimp, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- Prepare the dipping sauce by whisking peanut butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic and sriracha in a small bowl. Add 1 Tbsp. of warm water at a time until desired thickness is reached. Pour into a small serving dish and top with crushed peanuts and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Fill a pie plate with warm water. Working with one rice paper wrapper at a time, dip wrapper into water, until just pliable, about 15-20 seconds. Remove from water and lay on a work surface.
- On the bottom third of the wrapper, place a few sticks of carrot, cucumber, bell pepper and cabbage. Add a small amount of noodles, a slice of avocado, a few pieces of cilantro and ½ of a lettuce leaf. Top with 4 shrimp halves. Be careful not to overfill the roll.
- Roll everything up tightly by pulling the bottom of the roll up and over the filling. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper up tightly.
- Transfer roll and place seam-side down on a platter. Cover with a damp paper towel.
- Repeat steps 2 - 5 until all rolls are assembled. To serve, cut rolls in half and serve with dipping sauce.
Yield: 10 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 7g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 5g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%, Potassium 6%.
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.