Easy, affordable and full of nutrition, Seven Can Soup was something that my mom made every winter while I was growing up. She would fill the slow cooker with the quick and simple canned ingredients before heading to work and we would have warm bowls of delicious soup waiting for us when we got home at night. It was quite simply, the best!
And, at the time I didn’t know it, but this meatless dish packed a mean nutritional punch. One serving provides a mighty 13 grams of protein and 14 grams of fiber – the perfect way to fill a family up!
Looking for more ways to use affordable canned ingredients? Check out all of the delicious recipes at Cans Get You Cooking!
Seven Can Soup
- 1 (15 oz.) can reduced sodium black beans
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no salt added petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with chilies (like Ro*Tel)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no salt added mixed vegetables
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can no salt added corn
- Place all seven ingredients into a slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Cook on high for four hours or low for eight hours. Serve warm.
Yield: 10 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated 0.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 660mg, Total Carbohydrate 76g (Dietary Fiber 14g, Sugars 16g), Protein 13g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.