Don’t miss our Savory Coconut Curry Granola! Ethnic flavors and savory snacks are some of the biggest food trends of 2017, and this yummy granola has both! Although super delicious as a flavor-filled snack, this crunchy mix is also great on soups and salads. Try it today!
Savory Coconut Curry Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup raw pepitas
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place the oats, pecans, pepitas, coconut flakes, curry powder, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in a large bowl and stir. In a small bowl, whisk the egg white and Worcestershire sauce.
- Drizzle over the oats mixture and stir to evenly coat. Repeat with the coconut oil, working quickly to evenly coat the oats mixture before the coconut oil begins to stiffen up.
- Spread in an even layer on a prepared sheet pan. Bake for 25–30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for the first 20 minutes, then every five minutes until the granola is lightly browned and slightly crisp. (It will become crisper as it cools.)
- Let cool completely in the sheet pan and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks or in the freezer for several months.
Yield: 12 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 1g), Protein 6g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.