Fresh, fast and flavorful, this Pesto Pasta with Chicken is on your table in just minutes and is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Don't want to cook chicken? Precooked chicken or rotisserie chicken will make this simple dish even easier.
Pesto Pasta with Chicken
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 oz. whole wheat penne or pasta of choice
- ⅔ cup basil pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Shredded parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, pasta and pesto. Stir until well combined. Cover bowl and place into the refrigerator until cool.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 520, Total Fat 17g (Saturated 3g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g, Includes 0g Added Sugar), Protein 30g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%, Potassium 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.