Do you know what I love about hash? You can dice and cook just about any vegetable, top it with an over-easy egg, and call it a complete meal! This Apple, Potato and Bacon Hash is so quick that it makes the perfect weeknight meal and can be reheated for breakfast the next day! Besides being easy to throw together, this hash packs big, bold flavors! The sweetness of the sweet potatoes pairs perfectly with the smoky bacon, wholesome baby reds, crunchy apple and the creamy yolk, and the heartiness of the egg sends it over the top! Try this recipe for a new family favorite!
Apple, Potato & Bacon Hash
Recipe adapted from Honest Cooking
- 3 strips bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 baby red potatoes, diced
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 4 large eggs, fried or poached
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until crispy and break or chop in to pieces. Discard bacon fat.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil to medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add sweet and baby red potatoes, turn heat to low-medium and allow to cook about 10 minutes with the lid on, stirring frequently.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium-high. Add apple and cook until ingredients are browned, about 6-7 minutes.
- Transfer hash to four plates. Sprinkle each with bacon and parsley and top with an egg.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 195mg, Sodium 460mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 12g), Protein 12g, Vitamin A 250%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 6%, Iron 20%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.