We've taken America's favorite sandwich and turned it into a hearty salad. The kale in this BLT Salad stands up to refrigeration, making this the perfect salad to make ahead and refrigerate for later. Massaging the kale transforms the tough leaf into a tender, delicious green - so wash your hands, roll up your sleeves and dig in!
- 1 lb. kale, stems removed and chopped (about 8 cups)
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 8 slices al fresco® Uncured Chicken Bacon, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Green Giant® Roasted Corn, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup finely sliced green onion
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chopped kale in a large bowl. Sprinkle kale with kosher salt and massage kale with fingers until darker in color and tender.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, grape tomatoes, corn, feta cheese and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Yield: 8 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 4g), Protein 8g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%, Potassium 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.