Yes, that’s right – peanut butter on a burger. These protein-packed Spicy Peanut Butter Burger Sliders offer a unique and tasty flavor profile with just the right balance of savory, sweet and spicy. Grill up these sliders to kick it up a notch at your next barbecue!
Spicy Peanut Butter Burger Sliders
- 2 lbs. ground turkey/beef blend
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari sauce for gluten free)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 12 slider buns, toasted (or gluten free hot dog buns cut into thirds for gluten free)
- 3 slices pepper jack or cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
- 2 whole fresh jalapeños, sliced (or pickled jalapeños for less spicy)
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix together the ground turkey/beef blend, soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. peanut butter and a pinch of pepper. Divide the mixture into 12 balls and flatten each ball into the size of a patty the size of the slider buns.
- Place patties on grill and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the patties over with a spatula and cook until desired doneness is reached. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, place a slice of cheese on top of the patty and close the grill lid.
- Divide remaining peanut butter among 12 bottom buns, top each with a burger patty, jalapeños and red onion. Cover with top bun and serve immediately.
Yield: 12 sliders
Per Serving*: Calories 330, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 4.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 22g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.