Slow cooker recipes are one of our favorite ways to create dinners together as a family. We love this burrito bowl recipe because not only does it feature Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, but also tender chicken, black beans and smoky cumin, all slow cooked to flavorful perfection. Serve those in need while you serve your family!
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
Recipe adapted from Red Gold
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Optional Toppings: salsa, romaine lettuce, cilantro, avocado
- Combine petite diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chicken broth, salt, black pepper, green onions, garlic powder and cumin in slow cooker. Season chicken with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4 hours. A half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice and top with salsa, chopped romaine lettuce, chopped cilantro and avocado slices.
Yield: 8 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 690mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g), Protein 27g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Red Gold®.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.