Skip the bottled marinades and seasonings that can be loaded with sodium, and make your own salt-free spice blends!
Ancho Chili Beef Rub Recipe adapted from Beef It's What's for Dinner
2 Tbsp. ground ancho chili powder
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Beef tenderloin roast or Beef rump roast
2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine all spice ingredients in a small bowl; press evenly onto beef roast. Let stand 20 minutes. Heat oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook for 4 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Place roast in oven for about 20 minutes, or until minimum internal temperature of 145 is reached.
- Let roast stand 15-20 minutes. Cut beef crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Yield: 4-6 servings
These go really well with a product like Prairie Grove Farms pork chops.
Watch as our dietitians show you how easy it is to pull together everything on one sheet pan.
We're featuring two great spice rub recipes, one for beef and one for pork, that can be used on various cuts. With flavors like cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, red pepper and ancho chile pepper added to the mix, you will never miss the salt!
20 Minute Meals:
Salt-Free Spice Rubs
Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. ground allspice
½ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. ground thyme
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
⅛ tsp. ground red pepper
1 (1 lb.) pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 8 ingredients; rub over pork. Let stand 20 minutes. Heat oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning after 7 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut pork crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Yield: 4 servings
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.