If you didn't think you could love noodles any more, they just got better. With zucchini noodles (aka - "zoodles"), this spin on classic spaghetti becomes diabetic friendly, gluten free and veggie-fied all at the same time! Pair them with Italian chicken sausage, grilled chicken breast or ground turkey for a convenient, light skillet meal that will wow your taste buds!
Roasted Tomato, Pesto and Sausage Zoodles
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (12 oz.) package Italian chicken sausage, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 (3.5 oz.) jar pesto
- 2 (10 oz.) packages zucchini spaghetti
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, toss grape tomato halves with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Spread into a single layer on the baking sheets lined with aluminum foil. Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken sausage and cook until warm. Add zucchini spaghetti and sauté for up to 2 minutes.
- Stir in pesto and roasted tomatoes and cook until warm throughout. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 20g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 540mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g), Protein 15g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.