I don’t know about you but I love holiday parties – full of fantastic company, lots of laughs and even better food! And, one of my absolute favorite holiday appetizers is today’s Pomegranate-Avocado Salsa. With sweet and juicy pomegranate seeds, creamy avocado and just a little bit of (optional) heat, this festive salsa is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
I may be a little biased, but I don’t think there is any better way to wow guests this holiday season than with this scrumptious, fruit and veggie-packed treat!
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 6 clementines (or 3 oranges), peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup green (or red) onion, finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro, minced
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- Blue corn or other favorite tortilla chips
- Add diced avocado and lime juice to a medium bowl; toss gently to coat.
- To avocado, add clementine pieces, pomegranate seeds, onion, cilantro, honey, salt and jalapeño (if using). Gently toss to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 8 Servings
*Per Serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 6g), Protein 2g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.