Gather up your friends and family - these nachos will feed a crowd! Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a game day get together, these Loaded Sheet Pan Black Bean Nachos are packed full of flavor and plant-based protein.
Loaded Sheet Pan Black Bean Nachos
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1 (12 oz.) bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup guacamole
- Optional toppings: sliced olives, chopped cilantro, hot sauce and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash with a fork until only a few chunks remain. Add beans and water to the saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Dollop spoonfuls of the bean mixture over the chips and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with half the pico de gallo and green onions. Repeat with remaining tortilla chips, black beans, cheese and pico de gallo.
- Bake nachos until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Top with remaining green onions, pickled jalapenos, Greek yogurt and guacamole. Garnish with sliced olives, cilantro, hot sauce and lime wedges, if desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 appetizer servings
*Per Serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 17g (Saturated 2.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 5g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 14g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%, Potassium 10%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.