If you’re looking for a salad that is full of flavor and packs well for lunch, this Kale Greek Salad is your new best friend! With fresh veggies, creamy feta and a simple Greek-inspired vinaigrette, this colorful kale salad does not only hold up well, but it is also a scrumptious way to add nutrition to your dinner table or summer party potluck. Although a delicious and nutritious side salad or meatless meal, this dish can easily satisfy a heartier appetite with the addition of grilled chicken, gyro meat (found in our deli department), salmon or your favorite lean protein.
Kale Greek Salad
- 2 heads flowering kale, stems removed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 mini cucumbers, diced
- ¼ medium red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup feta cheese (omit for dairy free)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together kale, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives and feta cheese until mixed.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 17g (Saturated 3g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 3g, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 45%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.