Step up your salad game with this uniquely delicious Grilled Romaine Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing. With slightly charred romaine topped with crumbly bacon and shaved parmesan, this scrumptious salad is tied together with a drizzle of the creamy, but light, lemon and garlic dressing.
Grilled Romaine Salad with Creamy Lemon
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zest and 2 Tbsp. juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 romaine hearts, cut in half lengthwise, leaving ends intact
- 4 slices of cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- Parmesan, shaved (for garnish)
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush the cut side of romaine hearts with olive oil, then place cut side down on the hot grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning the halves occasionally, until lightly charred. Remove from the grill.
- Drizzle grilled lettuce with the creamy lemon dressing, bacon crumbles and shaved parmesan. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings
*Per Serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 19g (Saturated 2.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 1g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 6g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding. Have a question about nutrition? Our Mealtime Mentors would love to help! Reach out at AskFestivalDietitians.com or find them on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.