Creamy, garlicky and oh-so-good! With a simple sauce that can easily be whipped up while the pasta is cooking, this better-for-you Alfredo will easily become a new weeknight favorite. Packed with heart-healthy fats from the avocado and olive oil, this delicious dish can even satisfy a more hearty appetite with the addition of a little lean protein, like grilled chicken or shrimp.
Creamy Avocado Alfredo
- 9 oz. uncooked whole grain fettuccini (or gluten free pasta for gluten free)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add garlic and basil to a food processor or blender. Pulse to mince. Add lemon juice, olive oil, avocado flesh, water, salt and pepper; process until smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add avocado sauce and stir to mix. Rewarm, if needed, cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, or until warm throughout. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 3g), Protein 11g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.