Broccoli salad is a staple at my family’s gatherings. There’s something about the refreshing crunch of broccoli mixed with a slight, red onion-bite and naturally-sweet raisins that just works so well. This lightened-up version has less sugar and fat than more traditional recipes and it’s a great way to get in a serving (or two) of fruits and veggies. Pair this nutrition-packed salad with a holiday ham, or serve it this summer with a grilled turkey burger and fries.
Broccoli Salad with Raisins and Bacon
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 broccoli heads, cut and trimmed into bite-sized florets
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup raisins (or 1 ½ cup red grapes, halved)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 slices of reduced-sodium bacon (or turkey bacon), cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, red wine vinegar and sugar until smooth.
- Place broccoli florets, diced onion, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon crumbles into a large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss to mix. Serve chilled.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 11g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 9g), Protein 3g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.