New product alert! We're super excited to partner with Superior Fresh to bring you a new type of leafy green. Superior Fresh is an industry leading aquaponics facility specializing in leafy greens. Their facility is situated on a 720 acre native restoration property nestled in the Coulee Region of Wisconsin.
Superior Fresh's facility is the largest of its kind in the world, filled with state of the art equipment and technology.
So, you may be wondering, what is aquaponic farming? Aquaponics is the combination of aquaculture (raising fish) and hydroponics (the soil-less growing of plants) that grows fish and plants together in one system.
In this type of system, there is virtually no waste. One of the biggest benefits of aquaponic farming is that produces fresh vegetables 365 days per year. Superior Fresh's state of the art class greenhouse allows them to grown consistent premium product year-round, which we know just does not happen otherwise in Wisconsin.
Here are eight reasons we think you should try Superior Fresh's leafy greens.
- Local: Raised in the Coulee Region of Wisconsin assures freshness.
- Fresh: Product is at our stores within 48 hours of being harvested.
- Quality: High quality that you can see and taste.
- Healthy: No risk of pollutants.
- Safe: Non-GMO, antibiotic and non-organic pesticide free.
- Clean: Quality control measures exceed the strictest of food safety standards.
- Flavor: Controlled ecosystem contains flavor enhancing probiotics.
- Color: The sun's natural beauty brings out the vivid colors in our produce.
Find a variety of Superior Fresh leafy greens in the produce department and give them in a try in this recipe for Rainbow Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.