Who doesn’t love a warm bowl of delicious chili? Perfect for tailgating, family gatherings, or an easy weeknight meal, chili is a great way to please just about anyone. Made with festive, fall-inspired flavors, like sweet potatoes and cinnamon, today’s zippy, and not overly spicy, chili is delicious garnished with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, or creamy, diced avocado. Looking for other great chili recipes to help stay warm this fall and winter? Be sure to check out these scrumptious recipes: 8-Ingredient Chili, Chipotle-Quinoa Chili, Mushroom Lover’s Chili and Hearty Meat & Bean Chili!
Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg. chili seasoning (or homemade chili seasoning, below)
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips or diced avocado, optional
- In a large soup pot, brown ground turkey over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Place remaining 7 ingredients into pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Top with optional garnishes and serve warm.
Homemade Chili Seasoning: In a small bowl, mix together 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. ground cumin, ¼ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. black pepper, ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional), 1 tsp. garlic powder, and 1 tsp. onion powder.
Yield: 8 servings *Per Serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 5g (Saturated 1.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 500mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 6g), Protein 16g, Vitamin A 140%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.