Freshly squeezed lemon juice and chopped parsley pair perfectly with succulent shrimp and whole grain pasta in this Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi. Try it for a quick and easy warm-weather meal!
Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi
- 2 cup uncooked whole wheat pasta (or gluten free pasta for gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 lbs. peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once done, drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp to the pan; saute 2 minutes per side or until done. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Melt 1 tsp. butter in pan. Add remaining shrimp to the pan; saute 2 minutes per side or until done. Transfer to plate.
- Melt remaining 2 tsp. butter in the now empty pan. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in cooked pasta, lemon juice, parsley and red pepper flakes. Top with cooked shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, top with optional garnish of parsley and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 290mg, Sodium 500mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 0g), Protein 41g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.