Are you searching for a better-for-you mac ‘n cheese to appease your children’s requests? Look no further! Our Greek yogurt mac ‘n cheese is protein-packed, calcium-rich and a source of whole grains. This cheesy homemade mac is not only kid-friendly, but also ready and on your dinner table in less than 20 minutes.
Having doubts that your children will eat Greek yogurt and whole grains in their macaroni? Well, guess what? This recipe has been kid-approved. It got two thumbs way up from 7-year-old Nolan, whose mom is the social media manager for Festival Foods. That says a lot because young Nolan considers himself a mac ‘n cheese connoisseur.
Greek Yogurt Mac ‘n Cheese
Recipe adapted from Cooking a la Mel
- 8 oz. (about 2 cups) whole grain elbow macaroni pasta
- 8 oz. (about 2 cups) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions and transfer to a large bowl.
- While pasta is still hot, add cheese and stir until melted. Add in the Greek yogurt, salt and pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until well combined. Serve immediately, and place any leftovers into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Tip: Try adding cooked chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms or spinach to your mac 'n cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 14g (Saturated 8g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g), Protein 16g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 30%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.