When we are talking about 20 Minute Meals, hashes are my personal pick, for breakfast, lunch or dinner! I can’t think of one single downfall! Just think of the crispy potatoes, the blend of flavors from the veggies and/or fruits, and the over easy egg that smothers the dish and acts as a sauce. Are you getting hungry? This recipe uses one of my favorite ingredients – chorizo, which is a spicy Mexican sausage. If you like sausage, this will rock your world! This recipe also eliminates a lot of prep work by featuring refrigerated hash browns and bottled roasted red peppers. There is something so satisfying about using convenient, simple ingredients to create rich flavors. Whenever your next meal is, you’re going to want it to be this.
Chorizo Breakfast Hash
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 oz. raw Mexican chorizo (find chorizo in our deli department’s cheese island)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6 oz.) package baby spinach
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 ½ cups refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 4 large eggs
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add onion, bell peppers, salt, and black pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; stir until spinach wilts.
- Remove sausage mixture from pan. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add potatoes; cook 8 minutes or until bottom is crisp. Stir in sausage mixture.
- Make 4 egg-size spaces in pan with a spoon. Crack 1 egg into each space. Cover and cook 4 minutes or until egg yolks are slightly set.
Yield: 4 Servings
*Per Serving: Calories 279, Total Fat 11g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 206mg, Sodium 616mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 5g), Protein 13g, Calcium 68mg, Iron 2mg
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.