West African Black Eyed Pea Salad
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 (15.8 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Directions1. In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, parsley and canola oil into a smooth dressing. 1. To dressing, add black-eyed peas, green onions, bell pepper, tomato, cucumber and hot pepper. Stir to mix. 1. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight to allow flavors to meld. Serve chilled.
Calories 140, Total Fat 6g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 10 servingsGluten Free Dairy Free Sodium Smart Vegetarian Vegan Side Dish Salad African