West African Black Eyed Pea Salad
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 (15.8 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Directions1. In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, parsley and canola oil into a smooth dressing. 1. To dressing, add black-eyed peas, green onions, bell pepper, tomato, cucumber and serrano pepper. Stir to mix. 1. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight to allow flavors to meld. Serve chilled.
Per Serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 6g (Saturated 0g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 10 servingsVegetarian Vegan Sodium Smart Side Dish Salad Gluten Free Dairy Free African