Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle of beer
- 1 ½ lbs. corned beef, cut into large chunks
- 1 ½ lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (10 oz.) bag shredded green cabbage
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions1. Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker bowl and toss to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the beef is tender and shreds easily. 1. Transfer the beef chunks from the stew to a separate plate and use two forks to shred it into bite-sized pieces. Return the beef to the stew and stir to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste, then remove the bay leaf. 1. Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.
For gluten free: Use gluten free beer in place of beer.
Calories 440, Total Fat 22g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 1240mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g), Protein 25g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 6 servingsGluten Free Main Dish Dairy Free Winter European Soup Spring Slow Cooker Special Occasion