Mediterranean Power Bowls
- 4 oz. kale
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cucumber, sliced or spiralized
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- Serving suggestions: See Chef's Tips
Directions1. Fill bowls or plates with kale. Top with brown rice, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, onion, avocado, artichoke hearts, beans, parsley and mint leaves. Enjoy as-is or serve with hummus, Tzatziki or pita.
Serve with hummus, tzatziki, pita chips or bread.
Use other salad greens in place of kale.
Calories 390, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 60g (Dietary Fiber 16g, Sugars 5g), Protein 13g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 90%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 4 servingsVegetarian Vegan Summer Spring Sodium Smart Side Dish Salad Mediterranean Main Dish Gluten Free Fall Dairy Free 20 Minute Meal 10 Dollar Meal