Chicken Poblano Tortilla Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 oz. shredded skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Optional garnishes: crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado, lime wedges, cilantro sprigs
Directions1. Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add onion, carrot and poblano. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft, about 8 minutes. 1. Add stock, salt, black pepper and tomatoes. Stir and bring mixture to a boil. 1. Add crushed tortilla chips to stock mixture. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until carrot is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in cilantro and chicken. 1. Divide soup evenly into bowls. Serve with optional toppings, if desired.
Top with crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado, lime wedges and cilantro.
Calories 210, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 650mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 16g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%, Potassium 4% *Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Serves: 6 servingsGluten Free Kid-friendly Main Dish Dairy Free 10 Dollar Meal American 20 Minute Meal Soup Hispanic