Focaccia (foh-KAH-tcha) is a traditional Italian flatbread that is similar in texture to pizza dough. It is often found topped with olive oil and herbs such as rosemary and sage. The Festival Foods Bakery is proud to offer a wide variety of focaccia flavors including Jalapeno Cheddar, Asiago, Spinach Feta and Parmesan Cheese.
Focaccia can be used as a side to many meals, as a base for pizza, or even as bread for sandwiches. Today we’re featuring a recipe for a delicious Turkey Pesto Focaccia Sandwich. No time to make this on your own? No worries! Our Deli Department has some gourmet focaccia sandwich options available for you to pick up!
Turkey Pesto Focaccia Sandwich
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- 1 (3.5 oz.) jar prepared pesto sauce
- 1 lb. thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Slice bread in half horizontally. Spread pesto over cut sides. Layer turkey, provolone and red onion on bottom half of loaf. Top with other half of loaf.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
Yield: 6 servings