Can you believe it? Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Since it’s the season of sharing, we thought we’d share with you some fun facts about the holiday:
- 46 million turkeys will be consumed on Thanksgiving Day
- 65 percent of Americans surveyed say that Thanksgiving leftovers are more important than the regular Thanksgiving Day meal
- 3 million Americans will be traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday
All these numbers mean a lot of turkeys and leftovers will be consumed by a whole lot of people. Make sure you follow these turkey ABCs to be sure you’re eating food that is safe to consume.
- Reheat all Thanksgiving Day leftovers to a minimum internal temperature of 165 F.
- Cook your turkey until the minimum internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Follow the Food Safety & Cooking Instructions on your turkey to ensure maximum cooking time has been reached.
What other information can Festival Foods offer you? We’re glad you asked! Concerned about that special guest who has food allergies? We have a whole Allergen Friendly Holiday Guide packed with information for you. Also, consider trying one of our turkeys or hams from our gluten free holiday list (shown below) or check out some of our no gluten options in our Deli.