I’m not made for cold weather, it’s true. Wrapped in a sweater, bundled in a jacket, and laced with a scarf, I still get chilled down to the bone at the mere thought of winter. So you can imagine my utter dismay when the first hint of flurries hit the air last week. “Snow flurries?!” I cried to no one in particular. “Snow flurries, already?!” It was true. Snow had started to fall, officially ushering in the first hints of winter and the last breaths of fall. With dinner on my mind and this realization freshly lingering, I really had only one logical thing to do: start my process of whipping up a tasty dish of warm comfort food! So to the safety of my kitchen I went and started making myself a tasty dinner that would chase away the thoughts of flurries dusting the ground and winter creeping its way on in. Fortunately, I had just stocked up on Kraft Recipe Makers Three Cheese Florentine, which was the perfect cure for my new wintertime blues!
Short cut Penne pasta and fresh, vibrant spinach are coated with a creamy, cheesy baking sauce provided in the kit. This is topped off with the bright flavor of the garlic tomato simmering sauce and bites of savory chicken breast! Bake it all together with just a touch of shredded mozzarella cheese for an ultimate lighter comfort food experience! Give it a try this week! To start, pre-heat your oven to 375°F and spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. If you haven’t done so already, cut your chicken breasts into bite size pieces. In my opinion, you get the most uniform size pieces if you butterfly your chicken breasts first.
Next, begin by cooking 3 cups pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
While the pasta is cooking, cook and stir your bite-size chicken pieces in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray until done. Stir in Simmer Sauce (included in Recipe Makers kit); cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
When your pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pan.
Add the fresh spinach and Baking Sauce (included in Recipe Makers kit), mixing lightly to combine.
Pour your saucy ingredients into the prepared baking dish.
Finally, top with the simmering chicken mixture and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake 10 to 15 min. or until heated through. The delicious smell of baked pasta will permeate throughout your house!
I enjoyed every last bite of this tasty dish. You can serve it on its own or add a fresh side salad with any leftover spinach! I hope this dish warms you up from the inside out while you enjoy it this week. Are you a winter or summer person? Tell us here! Ps. If you’re looking for other uses for leftover spinach, try any of these suggestions here!
Three Cheese Chicken Florentine
Recipe Courtesy of KraftIngredients:
- 1 pkg. (18 oz.) Kraft Recipe Makers Three Cheese Florentine
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked (or favorite short cut pasta)
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 oz. fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook 3 cups pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir chicken in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray until done. Stir in Simmer Sauce (included in Recipe Makers kit); cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Add spinach and Baking Sauce (included in Recipe Makers kit); mix lightly. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with chicken mixture and mozzarella. Bake 10 to 15 min. or until heated through.
Jenny Dahl is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with Festival Foods and is certified by the state of WI.