This inspired Buffalo Chicken Salad takes top prize since it is anything but bland or lacking in satisfaction! Loaded with bold flavors ranging from hot buffalo sauce to tangy feta cheese, less is more with these toppings!
The smooth, creaminess of avocado and the crunch of celery, romaine lettuce, tomato, fresh cucumber, and red onion keep you coming back for more after every bite! This salad mimics the beloved happy hour buffalo wings without the calories and fat! Plus, you’re getting a few servings of veggies to boot!
First, start by lightly seasoning your chicken with salt/pepper. Place in nonstick pan over medium heat to cook through. If your chicken breast is on the larger side, butterflying the breast helps promote even and quicker cooking.
Once fully cooked, remove from pan and let rest until slightly cool, about 5 minutes. Cut into even-sized pieces. Add about 3 Tablespoons (or desired amount) of Buffalo Sauce; stir together and set aside.
Now that your chicken is done (in no time at all!), start building your salad! You’ll start with a large mound of lettuce (I prefer Romaine) and pile on the toppings. This is a great opportunity to use up any leftover veggies or to pre-prep your veggies for the rest of the week. I used red onion, celery, cucumber, and tomato for color, and avocado and feta for the reasons stated above (they’re so good!). Top it all off with your bold buffalo chicken and you’ve got a salad you’ll want to brag about!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 8 cups lettuce
- 1 cup each chopped celery, tomato, cucumber
- 1/2 cup each feta cheese and chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Buffalo Sauce
- 1-2 chicken breasts, depending on size (about 1 lb.)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Lightly season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in nonstick skillet, over medium high heat. Once chicken is cooked through, remove from pan and let rest until slightly cooled, about 5 minutes. Cut into even-sized pieces and stir in buffalo sauce until chicken is well coated. Set aside.
- Add 2 cups lettuce to 4 separate bowls; layer with chopped toppings. Add buffalo chicken and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.