It’s the New Year – and that means it’s resolution time! Often, resolutions revolve around building a healthier lifestyle, from eating better to moving more and cutting out bad habits. So, what better time than the present to launch Festival’s first nutrition-based program?
For some of you in the La Crosse area, you’ve probably heard of this program. For others throughout the rest of the state, it is likely the first time you’re hearing about the 500 Club®.
The 500 Club® is a healthy eating program coordinated by Gundersen Lutheran registered dietitians and recommended by physicians. I’ve modified the program a smidge, and will oversee its implementation in Festival Foods stores. I’ve spent a lot of time collaborating with Jennifer Wood, RD and Gundersen Lutheran’s 500 Club® specialist, to get Festival’s deli and meat items analyzed and approved. In short, the 500 Club® selections are approximately 500 calories or less, controlled in fat, and designed to make eating healthier easy. Look for the green 500 Club® logo in our Meat and Deli Departments to easily spot items that are 500 Club® approved.
Check out the list below for the official kick-off dates and times for your store. Please stop in to visit, pick up your FREE 500 Club® brochure and learn more about the program!
- January 25th: Onalaska (11AM-1PM) and La Crosse (4-6 PM)
- January 26th: Holmen (11AM-1PM)
- January 28th: Eau Claire (11AM-1PM)
- January 29th: Marshfield (11AM-1PM)
- February 1st: Green Bay West (11AM-1PM)
- February 2nd: De Pere (11AM-1PM) and Green Bay East (4-6 PM)
- February 4th: Appleton Northland (11AM-1PM) and Appleton Darboy (4-6PM)
- February 5th: Manitowoc (11AM-1PM)
- February 8th: Fond du Lac (11AM-1PM)
- February 9th: Oshkosh (11AM-1PM)
You can learn more right now by checking out the 500 Club® website at www.500–club.org. This website is a great resource! Not only can you learn about the 500 Club®, but you can find 500 Club® approved recipes and other nutrition information there too!