Popular throughout the Mediterranean and Middle East, Tabbouleh is staple salad filled with fresh herbs and whole grain bulgur. This delicious dish is typically served cold or at room temperature and combines chopped up veggies to make one colorful and flavorful salad!
Recipe adapted from Food52
- 1 cup fine bulgur (or cooked and cooled quinoa for gluten free)
- 2 bunches curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (0.75 oz.) package mint, stems discarded and leaves finely chopped
- 4-6 green onions, sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ English cucumber, seeded and diced**
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl and cover with about an inch of water. Let sit for about 20 minutes or until bulgur has roughly doubled in size.
- In a large bowl, mix together parsley, mint, green onions, tomatoes and cucumber. Set aside.
- Drain bulgur and squeeze out any remaining water. Add bulgur to herb and vegetable mixture and stir to mix.
- Add lemon juice and oil to mixture and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Yield: 10 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 1g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 3g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%, Potassium 6%.
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
** Don’t know what to do with the other half of your cucumber? Try this Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Pizza recipe!
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.