Welcome warm weather with this Spring Pea Pasta with Lemon and Mint. Filled with fresh flavors like lemon zest, mint, spinach and green onions, this pasta salad is great as a refreshing side dish or plant-based meal.
Spring Pea Pasta with Lemon and Mint
- 1 lb. pasta (or gluten free pasta for gluten free)
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup olive oil
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pkg. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. white (or black) pepper
- Goat or feta cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- During the last minute of cooking, add the peas to the pasta to just lightly blanch. Drain and place pasta and peas in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Stir in lemon zest, spinach, green onions, minced shallot and mint.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with optional goat cheese and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 6g), Protein 13g, Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 6%, Iron 20%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.