Stuffed with peppers, corn, eggs and cheese, our Southwest Breakfast Burritos are a great way to start the day! The best part – these filling burritos can be made ahead of time and frozen for future breakfasts. Just remove foil from frozen burritos and microwave for 60-90 seconds until warm.
Southwest Breakfast Burritos
- 4 slices bacon (or pre-cooked bacon, crumbled)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup leftover French fries, optional
- 1 avocado sliced, optional
- Salsa, for serving
- Place bacon on plate sandwiched between paper towels and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until desired crispness achieved (cooking time will depend on thickness of bacon). After cool to touch, crumble and set aside. Skip this step if using pre-cooked bacon.
- Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add onion, pepper and corn. Sauté 5 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and pepper. Remove veggie mixture from pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cheese. In now empty pan, add remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Add eggs and scramble until done. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Microwave one tortilla at a time for 30 seconds to soften. In the center of the softened tortilla, layer scrambled eggs, veggie mixture, optional French fries and avocado. Tightly roll up tortilla and repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve or roll finished burritos in aluminum foil to help keep them packed tight and freeze*.
*To thaw frozen burritos, remove the foil and cook in microwave for 60-90 seconds.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 30g (Saturated 11g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 140mg, Sodium 630mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 8g), Protein 21g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 50% Calcium 35%, Iron 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.