Having a good frittata recipe on hand is a great solution for breakfast, brunch and even weeknight meals! We love that this frittata has the fresh flavors of asparagus and dill combined with the smoky goodness of hot smoked salmon.
Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Frittata
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. skim milk
- 5 oz. smoked salmon, flaked into large chunks (from our Meat Department)
- Handful chopped fresh dill
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Add the salmon, dill, green onion, and half of the mozzarella. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 9-10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Add the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the asparagus is tender, but still a little firm, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat down to medium-low. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed in the pan. Sprinkle the top with remaining mozzarella. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until the edges are set but still loose on top.
- Place under the broiler and cook another 3-5 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool for a couple minutes. Run a spatula around the edges and slide the frittata onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 10g (Saturated 3.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 160mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 14g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.