All the flavors of a full corned beef and cabbage dinner, but way more convenient, and perfect for using up leftovers! This slow cooker corned beef and cabbage soup is sure to warm up your winter days.
Pro Tip: For best flavor, use Festival’s Own Corned Beef!
Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle of beer (or gluten free beer to make gluten free)
- 1 ½ lbs. corned beef, cut into large chunks
- 1 ½ lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (10 oz.) bag shredded green cabbage
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For serving: chopped fresh parsley
- Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker bowl and toss to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the beef is tender and shreds easily.
- Transfer the beef chunks from the stew to a separate plate and use two forks to shred it into bite-sized pieces. Return the beef to the stew and stir to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste, then remove the bay leaf.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 22g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 1240mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g), Protein 25g, Vitamin A 70%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.