Warm up with a bowl of Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Thanks to McCormick Stew Sauce and lots of fall veggies, this flavorful recipe will quickly become a family favorite!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 3 parsnips, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 package McCormick® Beef Stew with Herbs & Onion Slow Cooker Sauce
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- ¼ cup flour (or gluten free flour for gluten free)
- 1-2 Tbsp. canola oil (optional)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Mix vegetables, water and sauce in slow cooker.
- Coat beef with flour. Optional: brown beef in a pan with 1-2 Tbsp. canola oil heated over medium-high heat. Stir into ingredients in slow cooker. Cover.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high until beef is tender. Stir in peas and continue to cook until everything is hot. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving*: Calories 310, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 550mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g), Protein 26g, Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 8%, Iron 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.