What’s not to love about skirt steak? It’s a great cut for grilling — whether indoors on a grill pan or outdoors on a grill. Plus, skirt steak is an affordable option for juicy, flavorful steak that cooks in just minutes. This recipe features a quick and zesty marinade for the steak and a traditional Chimichurri Verde sauce that will send your taste buds on a south-of-the-border adventure!
Pro Tip: Ask our Incredible Meat Team associates for assistance with trimming the skirt steak before you purchase!
Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Verde
Marinade & Grilling:
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari sauce for gluten free)
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. skirt steak, trimmed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Whisk marinade ingredients (through garlic) together and place into a large zip lock bag. Add skirt steak to bag and allow to marinate overnight.
- When ready to grill, season steak liberally with salt and pepper. Grill 3–4 minutes per side to achieve medium-rare doneness. Let steak rest on cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add chimichurri sauce ingredients to a food processor. Blend until a smooth sauce is formed. Spoon chimichurri sauce over sliced skirt steak and enjoy.
Yield: 4 (4 oz.) servings
*Per Serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 27g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 360mg, Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 8g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.