Featuring whole grains, lower fat meat and skim milk, our Skillet Cheeseburger Mac offers a better-for-you version of a boxed mix. Plus, it comes together in a matter of minutes. Serve with a side of veggies for a complete meal your family will love!
Skillet Cheeseburger Mac
- 1 lb. whole wheat elbow macaroni (or gluten free elbow macaroni for gluten free)
- 1 lb. ground beef/turkey blend
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Boil an 8-quart stock pot of water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef/turkey blend in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add salt, pepper and garlic and continue to cook for about 1 minute. Drain fat.
- Add crushed tomatoes and milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Fold in pasta and slowly add cheddar, stirring throughout. Simmer until cheddar is melted, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with parsley and additional cheese, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 510, Total Fat 15g (Saturated 6g, Trans 0.5g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 6g), Protein 33g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 20%, Iron 20%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.