Shrimp Paella (pronounced Pie-A-Ya) is a classic Spanish dish filled with rice, veggies, spices and shrimp. We’ve swapped out traditional white rice for whole grain brown rice to give this filling, weeknight meal a nutritional boost. Give this speedy supper recipe a try – you won’t regret it!
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups frozen brown rice (like Birds Eye® Steamfresh Brown Rice)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted chicken stock
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turmeric; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper, peas and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice; spread in an even layer. Cook without stirring, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in stock, salt and pepper. Spread rice mixture in an even layer. Cook without stirring for 7 minutes.
- Arrange shrimp on top of rice mixture; cover and cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Drizzle lemon juice over pan and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 430, Total Fat 10g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 820mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 6g), Protein 23g, Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 100% Calcium 8%, Iron 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.