Richness and decadence in a bowl? Yes! It can be done. Say hello to the rich deliciousness of Lobster Mac and Cheese. Here's how to make it:
Lobster Mac and Cheese
1 pound of Penne pasta
8 tablespoons butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 ½ lb cooked lobster meat (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 tablespoons Chives or parsley for decoration
¼ cup flour
2 ½ cups whole milk
1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese (We used white)
1 ½ cups fontina cheese
1 ½ cups gruyere cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese to top it with
6 oz. brie
½ teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Grab a large skillet and heat up the pan. Add in 4 tablespoons of butter to grease the pan. Then add the minced garlic and sauté until just slightly golden brown. (Less than a minute) Please add the lobster meat to the pan. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes and set aside.
- Add your penne pasta to the pot of boiling water. Cook the penne pasta to your liking and drain off the water. Set the noodles aside in another bowl.
- Using the pot you just cooked the noodles in. Put it back on medium heat and add the remaining butter. Add in the flour and milk slowly and mix thoroughly. Mix until this mixture thickens.
- Add in all of the cheese in shredded form. Add in the mustard powder, salt and pepper. Once this mixture is melted add in the noodles.
- Add in the lobster meat to the cheese and noodle mixture.
- Top with parmesan shredded cheese. Use chopped parsley or chives as a garnish for color.
Adapted recipe courtesy of tablespoon.com. For m0re amazing holiday dish ideas, go to festfoods.com/holidays.