We’ve taken the classic Rice Krispies Treat recipe and turned it into a fun activity to do with the kids. Shaped like a popsicle, Rice Krispies Dippers are dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles. Try using different varieties of crisp rice cereal and assorted cookie cutters for even more kid-approved fun.
Rice Krispies Dippers
Recipe adapted from Rice Krispies
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) package (about 40) marshmallows (or 4 cups mini-marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®, Cocoa Krispies® or Fruity Pebbles® cereal (or a mixture, use Fruity Pebbles® cereal for gluten free)
- 18 wooden popsicle sticks
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate or white chocolate morsels
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Assorted cookie cutters (optional)
- Multi-colored sprinkles (optional)
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13x9-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool completely before using cookie cutters to cut into shapes. (Treats can also be cut into eighteen 3x2-inch bars.) Push one stick into the bottom of each bar.
- In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip bars into chocolate and decorate as you like. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set; treats are best if served the same day.
Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.