Fish is good for you. I know that, you know that, we hear about it all the time! It’s a lean source of protein, some varieties are loaded with heart healthy fats, etc.! Even though I know all of these things are true, I realized the other night that I almost never have fish in my regular rotation of meals. But why is that? Well, it turns out that:
- I think fish is intimidating.
- I seem to always assume it’s expensive.
- I’m not always sure how to turn it into a meal.
I’ve confessed on here before that I don’t like backing down from a challenge, especially when it comes to trying new foods. And this is exactly how my newly created Fiesta Fish Tacos came to life.
These tacos are the solution to my “fish is intimidating and I don’t have time to learn something new” excuse. Not only are these fabulous fish tacos flavorful and a better-for-you meal option (I love that the tilapia is lean, high in protein, and incredibly affordable too!), but they only take minutes to prepare! To make these tasty fish tacos for yourself, first preheat your oven to 375°F. Next, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray (for easy clean up!). Arrange thawed tilapia fillets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning (as you can see, my sprinkling wasn’t very even, and they turned out fabulous anyway).
That’s it- the tilapia prep is done! Next, you’re going to bake the tilapia for 8-12 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145⁰F.
Once the tilapia is fully cooked, place half of each fillet into a warmed corn tortilla. Top your fish tacos with black beans, corn, a light sprinkle of cheddar cheese and any additional favorite taco toppings, if desired.
I highly recommend serving your fish tacos with a side of Summer Cabbage Salad from our deli. The creaminess of the salad meshes so well with the Mexican flavors of the lime black bean salad and seasoned tilapia! YUM! You could also be be crazy like me and serve it on top; either way :)!
Fiesta Fish Tacos
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 lb.)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ Tbsp. taco seasoning (Gluten-Free for gluten free version)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange tilapia fillets in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
- Bake tilapia for 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145⁰F.
- Place fully cooked tilapia inside warmed corn tortillas*, using half of a cooked fillet in each. Top tacos with black beans, corn, a light sprinkle of cheddar cheese and any additional favorite taco toppings, if desired.
*Note: Microwave corn tortillas for 15-20 seconds to heat through for easier use.
Yield: 4 servings
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.