Getting the whole family together for a meal can be a challenge, but the benefits are sound: families that eat together are healthier and happier! Although I can’t help with coordinating schedules (a feat in itself!), I can suggest this quick, family-friendly entrée to bring your family together for dinner tonight! These tasty Baked Ranch Chicken Strips are the perfect opportunity to get your kids in the kitchen with you. Pouring, crushing, dredging, spraying… kids (or spouses) can be involved every step of the way! With the extra hands helping in the kitchen, dinner time really can be family time. To get started, crush the corn flakes. Small children can crush them by hand (or you can use a food processor with supervision). The corn flakes should be crushed to about the size of a pea or smaller (some pieces will be larger, that’s okay!). Place the crushed corn flakes into a shallow dish.
In another shallow dish, pour 1 cup ranch dressing. For ease of preparation, set your dishes in an assembly line fashion!
Next, lightly coat each chicken strip with ranch dressing, letting the excess drip off (less is more in this case). Then press the chicken tender into the corn flakes until evenly coated on all sides. Older children can help with dredging the chicken in the ranch and corn flakes (no finger-licking allowed; proper hand washing required)! Place your fully covered chicken tenders on a tin-foil lined baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray.
Bake until the chicken strips are golden brown and crispy and the chicken is cooked through (about 20-25 minutes). To make this a complete meal that the whole family will love, add a colorful side of fresh fruit and an Eat Well salad from our deli! Bringing the family together never seemed so easy :).
Baked Ranch Chicken StripsIngredients:
- 3 cups crushed corn flakes (4 ½ cups whole corn flakes)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 lb. Dad’s boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1” thick tenders.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Lightly spray a tin-foil lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place crushed corn flakes in a shallow dish. In a separate shallow dish, pour ranch dressing.
- Lightly coat each chicken strip with ranch dressing, letting excess drip off. Dredge ranch-coated chicken strips in crushed corn flakes, pressing lightly, until evenly coated on both sides. Place coated chicken strips on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken strips for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and crispy and chicken is cooked through.