Pumpkin Blowout. Pumpkin Brats. Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins. Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! And now Pumpkin Snack Cake?! It’s almost too much to handle – almost. In fact, who am I kidding? We love pumpkin over here – especially when it comes in snack cake form!
With cinnamon, vanilla and of course, pumpkin, this fall-flavored sweet treat is perfectly paired with a decadent, yet lightened-up cream cheese frosting that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. It’s desserts like these that make us wish pumpkin season could be all year long!
Sides, Snacks & Sweets:
Pumpkin Snack Cake
- 10 oz. whole wheat pastry flour (about 2¼ cups) (use gluten free all-purpose flour to make gluten free)
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- Cooking spray
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. ⅓-less-fat cream cheese
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan, and preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, to sugar mixture; beat well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well.
- Fold in flour mixture. Spread batter into greased baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare the frosting, combine cream cheese and Greek yogurt in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well combined. Spread frosting evenly over top of cake. Slice into 24 pieces and serve.
Yield: 24 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g), Protein 3g, Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.