Pumpkin Blowout. Pumpkin Brats. Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins. Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! And now Pumpkin Snack Cake?! It’s almost too much to handle – almost. In fact, who am I kidding? We love pumpkin over here – especially when it comes in snack cake form!
With cinnamon, vanilla and of course, pumpkin, this fall-flavored sweet treat is perfectly paired with a decadent, yet lightened-up cream cheese frosting that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. It’s desserts like these that make us wish pumpkin season could be all year long!
Sides, Snacks & Sweets:
Pumpkin Snack Cake
10 oz. whole wheat pastry flour (about 2¼ cups) (use gluten free all-purpose flour to make gluten free)
2½ tsp. baking powder 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. ⅓-less-fat cream cheese
⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 cup powdered sugar
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan, and preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, to sugar mixture; beat well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well.
- Fold in flour mixture. Spread batter into greased baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare the frosting, combine cream cheese and Greek yogurt in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well combined. Spread frosting evenly over top of cake. Slice into 24 pieces and serve.
Yield: 24 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated 2g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g), Protein 3g, Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.