These chocolate-y Bittersweet Mexican Brownies are naturally sweetened with POM Wonderful® 100% Juice and have a fun Mexican flair, thanks to cinnamon and a hint of “heat”. Sprinkle with fresh pomegranate arils for a colorful and delicious party-time presentation … if you’re willing to share. J
Reasons why we love POM Wonderful (and you should too!)
- POM Wonderful grows, hand-picks and whole-presses its own pomegranates to make their 100% pomegranate juice.
- Powered by pomegranate antioxidants, POM’s 100% Pomegranate Juice is a little sweet, a little tart and a whole lot of crazy healthy.
- Each 8 oz. bottle contains the juice of two whole pomegranates, and nothing else – no added sugar, fillers or preservatives.
- It’s also a good source of potassium - each 8 oz. bottle has as much as a medium banana.
- POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice is delicious on its own, but it’s also great in recipes, like brownies, sauces or mocktails.
POM Wonderful® Bittersweet Mexican Brownies
- ⅔ cup POM Wonderful® 100% pomegranate juice
- 8 oz. pitted dates (about 1 ½ cups packed)
- ¼ cup avocado oil, grapeseed oil or canola oil
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne or chili powder
- ⅔ cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or gluten free flour for gluten free)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line an 8- x 8-inch baking pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the pomegranate juice and dates to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute.
- While hot, add the pomegranate juice and dates to a food processor along with the oil; cover and puree well, about 1 minute. Add the cocoa powder; cover and puree until well combined. Add mixture of the eggs, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne; quickly cover and puree until creamy. Scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl, add the flour and puree until evenly combined.
- Spread the brownie batter into the pan. Bake until just firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack and cut into 16 squares. Serve or store in a well-sealed container.
Yield: 16 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 5g (Saturated 0.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 2g), Protein 3g
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by POM® Wonderful.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.