Great for home-gating or a night of family fun, our Pizza Dough Pretzel Bites are quite simply delicious! Made with whole wheat pizza dough, these bites offer a nutritious twist on a family favorite and pair perfectly with our homemade honey mustard or your dip of choice. And, if you’re cheering on the Packers, a Hinterland Packerland Pilsner or craft beer of choice from our wine and spirits department is also encouraged with these pretzel bites.
Pizza Dough Pretzel Bites
1 container Festival Wheat Pizza Dough, from our bakery
9 cups water
½ cup baking soda 1 egg, beaten Sea salt, for sprinkling
¼ cup honey
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll the dough into long ropes. Cut the rope into 1-1 ½-inch pieces to make bites.
- Bring the water and baking soda to a boil in a large pot. (See note below) Drop 8-10 pretzel bites into water and let sit for 20 seconds (or until they float). Remove with a spatula and place onto the prepared baking sheet; spacing them evenly so that they do not touch.
- Brush beaten egg over each pretzel bite. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While pretzels are baking, in a small bowl, whisk together honey mustard ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove from oven and serve with honey mustard. Best served warm.
*Note: If you’re water does not come to a boil after several minutes, don’t fret! The baking soda actually increases the boiling point of the water. So, if it’s been several minutes, feel free to proceed by placing the pretzel bites into the water until they float.
Yield: 12 servings
*Per Serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 6g), Protein 4g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice. Health information changes frequently as research constantly evolves. You should not rely on any information gathered here as a substitute for consultation with medical professionals. Information may not be reproduced without permission from Festival Foods. We strongly encourage guests to review the ingredient lists of suggested products before purchasing to ensure they meet individual dietary needs. All products not available at all Festival locations.